Harissa Beef Stew
Want some variety with your paleo diet? This Harissa Beef Stew will definitely do the trick. Flavorful and easy to prepare, everyone will definitely love this!
- 400g beef braising steak (or other stewing cut), diced
- 2 Tablespoons of Harissa paste
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 pint stock (mine was home made calf bone marrow stock)
- 6 medium carrots, diced
- Handful coriander
- 10 black olives, chopped
- Pomegranate seeds to serve
- Marinate the beef in harissa paste for at least an hour or overnight.
- In a large saucepan fry off the steak in a little olive oil, till browned, add diced onion and cook till softened. Add the spices, lemon zest & juice then stock. Bring to boil then reduce to a light simmer and cover and cook for 2-3 hours.
- After 1 hour of cooking time add the carrots and half of the coriander, cover and cook on low for the remaining cooking time. Stir regularly and keep the heat low. You may need to add a little more liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve add in the chopped olives and scatter with coriander and pomegranate seeds.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Source: Natural Kitchen Adventures
Photo Credit to: Natural Kitchen Adventures
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.