Not sure what to cook for the Fourth of July? Gotta try this Harissa Burger recipe from Feasting at Home for a super delicious and tasty burger that everyone will surely love!
- 1 lb organic ground beef – makes 3 burgers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ C finely diced onion, shallot or scallion
- ½ -¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- 3-4 Tbsp Harissa Aioli (see recipe below)
- ¼ C quick pickled red onions-see recipe below
- 6 slices crispy bacon -2 slices per burger
- 3 brioche buns-store bought
- 1 C baby arugula
- 3 oz. Mahon cheese sliced ( or any melty cheese- jack, provolone, cheddar, edam, gouda)
- 1 cup high quality mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Harissa spice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher Sea salt to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- generous pinch of salt
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 5 whole cloves
- 1/2 large red onion, peeled, and thinly sliced into rings
- Purchase Brioche Buns
- Pre heat grill to medium high.
- Make quick pickled onions, refrigerate.
- In a med bowl, using your hands, combine ground beef with onion, garlic, salt and pepper, just to combine, being careful to not over mix. Form patties, set aside.
- Crisp bacon slices, set on paper towel.
- Slice Mahon cheese.
- When grill is hot, grill patties to medium rare or medium. Toast buns at the same time.
- Top with cheese and close lid turning heat off , letting it melt- (or place in a warm oven, topping with cheese, to allow it to melt).
- Assemble. Once cheese has melted, assemble. Spread aioli on the buns, place burgers, bacon, more aioli, arugula and pickled onions and then the bun top. Serve immediately.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and harissa. Season to taste with salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Store leftovers in a covered container and use within a few days.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small pot, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and chill.
Note: If you want to see more images on how to cook this Harissa Burger recipe from Feasting at Home, you can click here
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Source: Feasting at Home
Photo Credit to: Feasting at Home