Harissa Cauliflower Steaks
Who says Vegans can't enjoy a steak? This quick and simple Harissa Cauliflower Steaks recipe from Food. is a must-know for every Vegan!
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons president's choice virgin cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Harissa spice blend
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts
- 2 lemon wedges
- 8 mint leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Trim stem of cauliflower, leaving core intact. Cut cauliflower in half from top to base. Set half aside for another use; cut other half from top to base into four thick, equal steaks. Sprinkle with half of the salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook cauliflower for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Turn over; sprinkle with harissa blend and remaining 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt. Stir in remaining 1 tsp (5 ml) oil; continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Stir in pine nuts; cook, swirling, for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to serving platter; squeeze lemon juice all over. Tear mint leaves; sprinkle over top.
Click here to buy Harissa Spice and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Food.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.