Experience a new twist of your favorite vegan style dish with Harissa Roast Carrot, Quinoa and Haloumi Salad. A healthy & tasty recipe that you can't resist!
- 4 large carrots, peeled, thickly sliced diagonally
- 1 yellow capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 70ml extra virgin olive oil
- 120g red quinoa, rinsed
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Harissa Spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup mixed herbs, firmly packed
- 250g pkt haloumi, sliced
- 2 tablespoons seed mix with pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 210C/190C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place the carrot, capsicum and onion on prepared trays. Drizzle with 2 tbs of the oil. Season. Toss to combine. Roast, stirring halfway, for 35 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, place the red quinoa and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 14-15 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
- Combine the lemon juice, harissa, honey and 25ml of the remaining oil in a bowl. Season.
- Place the roast vegies, quinoa, herbs and half of the dressing in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil. Cook the haloumi, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining oil. Add the seed mix. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until toasted. Top salad with haloumi, drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with seed mix.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Jeremy Simons