Harissa Roasted Butternut Squash
Make this Harissa Roasted Butternut Squash for an amazing accompaniment to your main dish. It's vegan and will definitely be an excellent addition to your Thanksgiving table.
- 1 (2 ¼ pound / about 1 kg) butternut squash
- ½ cup shelled walnuts
- ½ cup coarse breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup Harissa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Wash and halve the butternut squash, remove the seeds, and slice into ¼-inch thick wedges. Arrange on 2 baking sheets that have been lightly coated with olive oil.
- Grind walnuts in a food processor until the consistency of very rough breadcrumbs. Mix together with the breadcrumbs, mint and salt and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together harissa and olive oil.
- Brush harissa mixture over the tops of the butternut squash slices. Sprinkle evenly with the walnut and breadcrumb mixture and pat down slightly.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until squash is tender and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Click here to buy Harissa Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Katherine Martinelli
Photo Credit to: Katherine Martinelli
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.