Harissa-Rubbed Steak & Carrot Salad
Do you like your food a bit hot and spicy? Try this Harissa-Rubbed Steak & Carrot Salad. Perfect for those who wants their steak a bit spicy!
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Bertolli Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 cups thinly sliced carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1-1 1/4 pounds skirt steak (see Note), trimmed and cut into 4 portions
- 4 teaspoons Harissa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, paprika and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Add carrots; stir to coat. Cover and microwave on High until the carrots are tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Uncover. (Alternatively, steam carrots over 1 inch of boiling water in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Toss the carrots with the spice mixture.)
- Rub both sides of steak with harissa and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill the steak 1 1/2 to 3 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice across the grain. Serve with the spiced carrots, garnished with parsley (or cilantro), if desired.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Source: Eating Well
Photo Credit to: Eating Well
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.