Harissa Shrimp with Couscous, Tomatoes, and Mint
Rice is always a staple for Asian meals. This Harissa Shrimp with Couscous, Tomatoes, and Mint recipe is best served and eaten with rice!
Total time: 30min Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons Harissa Spice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- About 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound shelled and deveined large shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.)
- 1 cup couscous
- 4 firm-ripe tomatoes, halved
- Chopped fresh mint leaves
- Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). In a small bowl, combine harissa, 2 tbsp. each oil and lemon juice, 2 tsp. zest, the cumin, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Put shrimp in a medium bowl, toss with half the sauce (reserve the rest), and let stand 10 minutes. Thread shrimp onto metal skewers.
- Prepare couscous as package directs, adding remaining 1 tsp. zest. Fluff with a fork and gently stir in 1 tbsp. oil and remaining 1 tbsp. lemon juice and 1/2 tsp. salt. Set aside.
- Brush tomatoes with remaining 1 tbsp. oil. Grill shrimp and tomatoes, covered, turning once, until shrimp is opaque and tomatoes are softened, about 4 minutes. Serve with couscous plus a sprinkle of mint, more salt to taste, and remaining sauce.
Click here to buy Harissa Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: My Recipes
Photo Credit to: Leo Gong
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.