Experience a truly delectable steak that will make your taste buds sing in this Harissa Steak recipe. Each bite is packed with awesome flavors for you to enjoy!
- 2 (5-ounce) grass-fed sirloin steaks
- Harissa spice
- 5 ¾ ounces organic asparagus
- Organic yellow & red bell peppers
- ¾ teaspoon organic cumin seeds
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon organic mild pickled peppers
- 3 cups organic baby kale
- 6-8 sprigs organic cilantro
- Organic red wine vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Hold both ends of one asparagus and gently bend until stalk snaps; discard bottom end. Line up with remaining asparagus; trim all stalks to uniform length. Cut asparagus into about 1-inch long pieces. Cut sides off yellow and red bell peppers; discard seed pods and stems. Slice into about ½-inch thick strips.
- Season both sides of sirloin steaks with salt and pepper. Heat about 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add steaks to hot pan. Sear 3 minutes. Flip. Sear 1 minute. Transfer pan with steaks to oven. Roast 6-8 minutes, or to desired doneness. Transfer steaks to cutting board; let rest at least 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat about 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds to hot pan. Toast 1 minute, or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Add asparagus and bell peppers to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel three long strips of zest from lemon, avoiding bitter white pith. Finely chop zest. Quarter lemon. Destem cilantro; roughly chop leaves.
- Add lemon zest and cilantro to pan with veggies. Squeeze juice of one lemon wedge over pan, avoiding seeds. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Return pan used for steaks to stovetop over medium-low heat. Pour harissa into pan. Add about ¼ container water; stir (handle is still hot!). Warm 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place baby kale in a large bowl. Roughly chop pickled peppers. Add desired amount of peppers (with any pickling liquid) to bowl, or omit. Shake red wine vinaigrette. Drizzle over salad to taste. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- Cut steaks on a bias and against the grain into 6-8 slices each. Divide asparagus and bell peppers between plates. Serve baby kale salad next to veggies. Fan steak over top. Spoon harissa sauce over steak. Enjoy!
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Greenchef
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.