Harissa Stuffed Mackerel with Asian Greens
Explore the wonderful flavors of Asian dishes in this Harissa Stuffed Mackerel with Asian Greens. Surprise your family with the awesome flavor of this dish!
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 tablespoons Harissa spice
- 5 cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 x 250 gram mackeral, cleaned, centre bone removed and pin boned
- 1 tablespoon oil plus more for frying
- 1 bunch choy sum, cut into 5cm pieces
- 120 g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons chinkiang vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the mackerel stuffing, set aside a few spring onions for garnish and place the rest in a bowl with the harissa and half the ginger. Stir to combine then stuff mackerel and truss to keep the stuffing inside. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon oil in a wok and set over high heat. Once the oil is smoking, add choy sum, mushrooms and remaining ginger. Toss to combine then add oyster sauce, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook, tossing, until the greens have just wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a wide, flat plate and set aside, keeping warm.
- Wipe out wok then add oil to about 1cm deep. Set on high heat and heat oil. Add stuffed mackerel and cook for 8 minutes, turning over half way. Remove fish from oil, remove string and place on top of vegetables.
- Serve garnished with reserved spring onions.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Tenplay
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.