Lamb Chili with Harissa
If you're looking for a new kick and delicious flavor to your pot of chili, then try this Lamb Chili with Harissa. Experience the amazing flavor and heat of Harissa in this quick and hassle-free way to cook lamb.
- 1 ½ pounds ground lamb (680 g)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (15 ml)
- 1 white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin (5 ml)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric (2.5 ml)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (a pinch)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste (5 ml)
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomato (425 g)
- 1 cup water (240 ml)
- 2 tablespoons harissa, or more or less to taste (15 ml)
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Warm the olive oil over medium-high heat then add the onion, garlic and red pepper. Saute until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, turmeric, ground ginger and cinnamon. Cook 1 minute, stirring the spices into the onions. Add ground meat and season with salt.
- Break up the ground meat as it cooks. When it is almost cooked through and barely pink, add the can of diced tomato, water and harissa.
- Simmer gently, with a lid just barely cracked, for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Top with cilantro and serve, with harissa on the side.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Source: Mark's Daily Apple
Photo Credit to: Mark's Daily Apple
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.