Prawns with Harissa
Give in to this easy yet delectably tempting Prawns with Harissa recipe. Your family and friends will also be delighted to see this on your Christmas table!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Harissa Spice
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 800g medium green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- lemon wedges and toasted Turkish bread, to serve
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add harissa. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomato, sugar and 1/4 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add prawns. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until prawns are just cooked through. Remove from heat. Season with salt. Serve with lemon wedges and bread.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Alan Benson
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.