Saffron Couscous with Harissa Spice
Savor the unique blend of Saffron and Harissa in this Saffron Couscous with Harissa Spice recipe. It can be served as a light side dish or a main dish salad.
Serves 4 as side dish or 2 as main dish
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 5 saffron threads, or more to taste
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Harissa spice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt to taste
- Combine warm water and saffron together in a bowl.
- Mix couscous and vegetable broth together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat, cover saucepan, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a bowl.
- Stir saffron mixture, celery, currants, olive oil, lemon juice, harissa, cumin, and sea salt into couscous. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Mauigirl
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.