Spice-crusted Beef Fillet with Harissa
Savor the juicy, tender and flavorful goodness of Spice-crusted Beef Fillet with Harissa on your Christmas table. A special recipe fit for special occasion with the ones who matter to you the most!
For the Creamy harissa sauce:
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg piece beef eye fillet
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 4 zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons Harissa
- Combine peppercorns, salt, cumin, paprika, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg in a bowl. Rub 1 tablespoon of oil over beef. Coat beef all over with spice mix.
- Preheat a barbecue hotplate to high. Add beef and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a roasting pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cover barbecue with lid and cook beef for a further 35-45 minutes for rare beef or until cooked to your liking. Allow to stand covered for 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus and zucchini onto hot barbecue hotplate and cook for 1 minute on each side or until tender.
- To make creamy harissa sauce, combine yoghurt and harissa in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve beef with vegetables and creamy harissa sauce.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Amanda McLauchlan
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.