Spicy Halloumi, Chickpea & Quinoa Salad with Harissa Spice
Give your friends a head start on their exercise with this amazingly delicious Spicy Halloumi, Chickpea & Quinoa Salad with Harissa Spice. It's healthy & tasty!
Serves 1 to 4
- 2 - 3 thick slices of Halloumi cheese
- 2 tbsp canned chick peas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa and/or bulgur
- Harissa Spice
- Cumin seeds and chilli flakes to taste
- A few handfuls of Rocket
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cucumber, diced
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS: baby beetroot, spring onion, pickled jalapenos, hard boiled eggs, quartered
- Cube the cheese and add to a hot pan with butter, cumin seeds and chilli. Allow to brown on each side. When almost done, add the chickpeas and harissa to taste (usually 1 - 2 tsp) and allow to warm through. Just before removing from heat stir in the quinoa/bulgur so that it can absorb some of the spices.
- Layer rocket, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, spring onions etc in a bowl then add warm ingredients. Mix gently to combine warm and cool elements. Garnish with boiled eggs if desired.
- TUCK IN!
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Source: The Blood Sugar Diet
Photo Credit to: The Blood Sugar Diet
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.