Spicy Mussels with Chorizo and Wine
It's Seafood Night! This super easy and exotic Spicy Mussels with Chorizo and Wine recipe from the Food Network will have everyone rave about your cooking prowess.
Serves 4-5 Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Harissa spice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo, removed from casing
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 to 3 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- French bread, for dipping
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook the onions in the butter over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and chorizo to the onions and cook until the sausage loses its raw color, about 5 minutes. Add the harissa and red pepper flakes, and then turn up the heat to high.
- Once fragrant, deglaze the pan with the wine, allowing to bubble for a minute. Lower the heat to medium, add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the prepped mussels and cover to steam until the mussels open, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cream and stir. Serve immediately with plenty of sliced French bread for dipping.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Source: Food Network
Photo Credit to: Food Network
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.