Steak Sandwich with Harissa, Caramelised Onions and Feta
Looking for some easy yet delicious on-the go sandwich? This quick Steak Sandwich with Harissa, Caramelised Onions and Feta recipe is perfect for snacks and for kids!
- 300g sirloin steak
- Small bunch of fresh mint, leaves finely shredded
- 2 individual ciabatta buns
- 2 tbsp harissa Harissa spice blend
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Caramelised onion chutney (we like Tracklements Onion Marmalade, from Waitrose, Budgens and delis)
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Put the steak between 2 sheets of cling film and flatten with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser until 1cm thick. Remove the cling film, put the meat in a bowl and rub with the harissa, half the mint and a pinch of sea salt. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Halve the ciabatta buns, drizzle with the oil and griddle on both sides until golden and charred. Set aside. Leave the pan over a medium-high heat and sear the steak for 60 seconds on each side. Remove and rest the meat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile spread a dollop of onion marmalade into each bun, slice the steak across the grain, divide between the buns, then top with the remaining mint, the crumbled feta and rocket.
Click here to buy Harissa Spice and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Delicious.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.