Tunisian-Inspired Chickpea and Potato Salad with Harissa Spice
Have a refreshing treat with this Tunisian-Inspired Chickpea and Potato Salad with Harissa Spice recipe. Surprise your taste buds with the palatable blend of flavors that this colorful hearty dish brings.
- 4 small or 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 15 ounces cooked chickpeas (1 can or about 1 3/4 cups), drained
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 to 8 jumbo black olives, sliced (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed and drained, chopped if large
- 4 pepperoncini peppers, stemmed and sliced
- 3 to 6 tablespoons Harissa spice, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Tofu-Cashew Mayo (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 sheet sushi nori, crumbled, or 1/2 teaspoon powdered kelp (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Boil the potatoes until tender. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a large storage container and add all remaining ingredients. Stir well and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Add salt to taste and serve in pitas or other bread or with salad greens.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Fatfreevegan
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.