Vegetable Couscous with Harissa Spice
Enjoy a healthy diet with this delicious vegan dish in this Vegetable Couscous with Harissa Spice recipe. Savor the wonderful blend of aromatic spices.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 aubergine, cut into large cubes
- 2 courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- 600ml passata or sieved canned tomatoes
- 150ml vegetable stock 175g canned chick peas, drained
- 50g 'no need to soak' dried apricots, sliced
- 225g couscous
- 2 tsp Harissa spice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the olive oil in a deep saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft and golden. Add the aubergine, courgettes and red pepper and fry gently, stirring occasionally, for five minutes.
- Stir in all the spices and cook gently for one minute. Add the passata and the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the chick peas and apricots. Simmer for 20~25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the liquid has reduced.
- About ten minutes before serving, put the couscous in a colander lined with a J-cloth and place above the simmering vegetables.
- Fork through the couscous to separate the grains and fluff it up. Spoon it onto the warmed serving plates.
- Mix the harissa paste with a little of the sauce, and either hand round separately or stir back into the vegetable stew.
- Check the seasoning and serve with the couscous, sprinkled with coriander.
Click here to buy Harissa and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Foodcomas
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.