Experience a new twist and satisfy your hunger with the delicious combination of baked potatoes and curry spice in this Chip-top Keema Curry Spice Recipe.
- 500g potatoes*
- Spray oil
- 200g 5% fat extra-lean mince
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 dspn curry paste
- 1 dspn Keema Curry Spice powder
- 1 Oxo chicken stock cube
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g frozen peas
- Pre-heat oven to 220ºC/gas mark 8.
- Peel and boil potatoes in large pieces, or microwave potatoes in their skins, until just cooked through. When cool enough to handle, cut into chips or wedges. Place on a baking tray, spray with oil, season with a little salt and bake in the oven about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, brown the mince and onion together in a non-stick pan. Stir in the curry paste and powder and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and crumbled stock cube. Bring to the boil, then lower heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add the peas and simmer a further 5-10 minutes.
- For each person, serve half the curry in a bowl with half the chips piled on top.
- * TIP: As an alternative to making the chips/wedges, you could instead ovenbake 300g frozen weight McCain’s Home Fries to be shared between the two servings. If you choose this option, count 15 Checks, 16 Fat g (375 calories) per serving.
Click here to buy Keema Curry Spice, and other herbs and spices