Keema Curry & Raita
Make a nutritious, hearty, lightly spiced, and iron-rich supper recipe with Keema Curry & Raita using mince lean beef and Keema Curry.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g lean minced beef
- 340g frozen peas
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- brown rice, to serve (optional)
For the paste
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- thumb-sized piece ginger, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp Keema curry powder
For the raita
- 200g fat-free natural yogurt
- 100g cucumber, peeled, deseeded and diced
- handful fresh mint, chopped
- Whiz together the ingredients for the paste in a blender or food processor – add a splash of water if you need.
- Cook the onion in a splash of water for about 5 mins until softened. Stir in the mince and cook for another 5 mins to brown. Add the paste, cook for 1 min, then pour in 100ml water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins. Add the peas then simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix together the raita ingredients and season to taste. When the mince is cooked, season and stir through the fresh coriander. Serve with the raita and brown rice, if you like.
Click here to buy Keema Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Good Food
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.