Vegetarian Keema Curry with Peas and Potatoes
An extra tasty keema curry with peas and potatoes, a simple and delicious way to cook vegetarian mince. Vegetarian Keema Curry with Peas and Potatoes is perfect for your vegan diet!
A keema curry is a curry traditionally made with mutton or lamb mince often with peas and potato chunks. But with this recipe, we're replacing lamb and replicating it with curry!
Don't get scared with the long list of ingredients - it is super easy! And just like curries, try and prepare it a few hours before eating to allow the flavors to develop.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 500g frozen soy or Quorn mince
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 4cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 220g frozen peas
- 1 large potato cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tsp Keema curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 500ml hot vegetable stock or water
- Sea salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan and fry the onion until soft. Then add the vegetarian mince and cook over medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, peas, potato cubes and the spices and stir well.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes and the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the stock has evaporated, then season to taste and garnish with chopped corriander.
- Serve hot with boiled basmati rice or naan bread.
Click here to buy Keema Curry, and other herbs and spices
Source: Don't feed after midnight
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.