Got family or friends coming over on weeknights? The Keema Curry is the perfect recipe for those unplanned dinner. It's fast (takes around 10 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook) and easy. And the best part, they'll surely love this Indian recipe and will rave about it for days!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut very thinly on the diagonal
- 1 x 500g pack beef steak mince
- 1 garlic clove, crushed 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Keema curry paste
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g (7oz) frozen peas large handful coriander, chopped
- 4 naan breads, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and carrot for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the mince and cook for a further 5 minutes, until browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes, to flavour the mince. Add the tomatoes and 200ml (7fl oz) water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, adding the peas for the last couple of minutes of cooking to warm through. Scatter over the coriander and serve with the naan breads.
Click here to buy Keema Curry, and other herbs and spices
Source: Tesco Real Food