Lamb Keema Curry Spice and Garam Masala
Make this Lamb Keema Curry Spice and Garam Masala & see for yourself that curry does not have to be complicated. It can be simple and quick yet tasty & fab!
- 500g (1¼ lbs) lean minced lamb
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Keema Curry spice
- 5 cloves
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 red onions finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic - mashed into a paste with a drop of water
- 1 inch ginger - mashed into a paste with a drop of water
- 3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 200g frozen or fresh peas
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- Pour the oil into a large sauce pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add all the whole spices and allow to fry for about 30 seconds. Throw in the chopped onions a continue frying until the onion turns translucent and lightly browned.
- Pour in the garlic and ginger paste and sauté for about 3 minutes. Then add the chopped green chillies, minces lamb and the salt. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- To this add about 250ml (1 cup) of water and bring to a rolling simmer. Add the tomato paste and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Throw in the peas and cook for another 10 minutes until the peas are just cooked through.
- Add the garam masala and chopped coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Click here to buy Keema Curry and Garam Masala and other herbs and spices
Source: The Curry Guy
Photo credit to: The Curry Guy
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.