Nut and Lentil Balls with La Kama Spice
This Nut and Lentil Balls with La Kama Spice is quite similar to nut loaf but only served as individual balls with the beautiful, exotic blend that will dance with your palate and leave your guests guessing if what was that secret weapon in your kitchen!
Serves 6. Makes 12 ballsIngredients:
- 80g/1 dl/1/2 cup Uncooked green lentils
- 1 handful Chopped cranberries
- 80g/2 dl Hazelnuts finely chopped
- 80g/2 dl Walnuts finely chopped
- 3 Minced garlic gloves
- 250g Mushrooms (cremini, button or portabello)
- 1 Handful finely chopped kale
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- 2 sprigs Finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp Finely chopped sage
- 1 tbsp La Kama spice
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 60g/1 dl/1/2 cup Rice flour or other gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp Ground flax with 3 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 150 C.
- Make the flax egg by combining ground flaxseed and water. Stir and set aside.
- Cook the lentils with 3 parts water for 20 minutes until they are soft and can be mashed to a paste, you will most likely need to add more water during the cooking time.
- Roast the nuts for 8-10 minutes until golden, then remove from the oven, chop and set aside. Increase the temperature of the oven to 180 C.
- Finely chop the mushrooms and sauté in a frying pan until most of the moisture has evaporated. Add the kale, nuts, cranberries, herbs and apple cider vinegar, stir until combined and cook for a few more minutes until the kale is wilted. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg then add the mashed lentils.
- Now stir in the flax egg then add the flour and combine to a sticky mixture, if necessary add a bit more flour or a bit more water. Season again with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Roll balls of the mixture, roughly two tablespoons of mixture per ball and place on the tray. Roast in the oven for 12 minutes then turn and roast for another 12-15 minutes until golden.
Click here to buy La Kama Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Sustain The Glow
Photo Credit to: Sustain The Glow
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.