Chicken Tagine with Dried Plums and La Kama Spice
Interested in Moroccan Food? Then this is your lucky day because we have here one of the legendary and fantastic Moroccan recipes to put you in a good mood - the Chicken Tagine with Dried Plums and La Kama Spice!
- 1 pound diced chicken (or lamb), trimmed of most of its fat
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 4 teaspoon La Kama spice
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 preserved lemon
- 12 dried plums (you could also use apricots or 3/4 Cup of raisins)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons culinary argan oil
- 1/4 cup whole blanched almonds, lightly toasted for serving
- chopped coriander, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Place meat in a tagine. (You may wish to brown it in argan oil in a skillet first and transfer the browned meat to the tagine.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and put on the lid.
- Place tagine on the lowest rung in the oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Enjoy!
Click here to buy La Kama Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Tangine Cooking
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.