Mint and Lime Yogurt Chicken
This easy and no fuss Mint and Lime Yogurt Chicken recipe from LoveFoodies is ideal for picnics and outdoor grills!
Yield: 4 servings
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 Tablespoons of Plain, Low Fat or fat Free Yogurt
- Juice & Zest of 1/2 Fresh Lime
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of peppermint extract (Optional)
- 1 cup chopped mint leaves
- Wash and prepare the chicken by cutting slits in a diagonal across the thickest parts. I usually make a diagonal slit on both sides of each drumstick. This will ensure the marinade gets into the meat and also will give you even cooking throughout.
- Wash and chop the mint leaves then place in a ziplock bag. Add to the bag the yogurt, lime juice and zest, and if using the chicken for the grill / BBQ I suggest you also add 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract to avoid the mint flavour from being lost in the BBQ smoke and charcoal! Then add the prepared drumsticks. Combine everything in the bag well, seal it and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Overnight is even better!
- When ready to cook, if using an oven, set to 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4 and either place the chicken on a baking tray or place the chicken and marinade in a casserole dish nd bake until done. Approximately 20 – 30 minutes, depending on how thick the drumsticks are. If BBQ or Grilling, place the drumsticks on the grill and turn to cook each side until cooked. *** You will notice, by making slits in the thickest parts of the drumsticks, the cook times will be less and also they will cook more evenly.
Click here to buy Mint leaves and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: LoveFoodies
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.