Friends coming over at your place? This Ethiopian Fried Fish with Mitmita Recipe from Ethiopian Food is an easy-to-cook finger food. The chili flavor by Mitmita spice blend puts a great twist for the usual boring fish fillet recipe!
Yield: 4 servings
- White fillet fish
- 2 teaspoons of Mitmita
- 8 teaspoons of white plain flour
- 1/2 cup of fine breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cooking Oil
- Mix the flour and Mitmita, salt, pepper together and set aside. Beat one egg and set aside. Mix the breadcrumbs with the Turmeric and set aside.
- Heat 2cm of cooking oil (you can use corn or sunflower if you like) in a skillet. Now place the breaded fish in the oil and cook for 4 mins on each side or until a deep golden brown. (NOTE: If the oil is too hot you will end up with raw fish inside, so the oil needs to be hot of course but we are not making French Fries.)
- Now place the fish on paper towels to remove any oil and serve.
- You can use any type of fish you want, including whole fish with bones. But adjust your cooking time.
Click below to see Video Instruction on how to cook Ethiopian Fried Fish with Mitmita
Click here to buy Mitmita and other herbs and spices
Source: Ethiopian Food
Photo Credit to: Ethiopian Food