Make your mom proud this Thanksgiving with this Cajun-Spiced Turkey with Himalayan Pink Salt and Mignonette Pepper recipe. Your guests will love the juicy and delicious dish which is worth preparing again and again.
- 1 12-14-pound turkey, patted dry
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Mignonette Pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (or more) olive or vegetable oil
- Set a rack inside a large heavy roasting pan. Season turkey lightly inside and out with salt and pepper, then with spice mix, massaging it into the skin. Transfer turkey, breast side down, to prepared pan and refrigerate, uncovered, overnight.
- Remove turkey from refrigerator; let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix celery, pepper, and onion in a medium bowl. Fill turkey cavities with vegetable mixture, scattering any remaining vegetables over bottom of roasting pan. Brush turkey with oil.
- Roast turkey, basting occasionally, for 1 hour. Using paper towels, flip turkey. Roast, basting occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 165°F, 1-1 1/2 hours longer. Transfer to a platter. Let rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
Click here to buy Himalayan Pink Salt and Mignonette Pepper and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Anders Overgaard