If you're looking for a new recipe that has the perfect blending of bold and delicate flavors, then this Five Peppercorn Crusted Tuna is made just for you. Savor the different spices bursting wonderful flavors in every bite!
Five Peppercorn Crusted Tuna
- Four 8 ounce tuna steaks
- 2 tbsp five peppercorns
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rub 2 tbsp olive oil onto tuna steaks all over and coat top with five peppercorns and salt.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tuna peppercorn-side up. Fry for 2 minutes, flip and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. Remove tuna from pan and transfer onto serving plates. The fish should be rare. If you like it more cooked, fry another 2 minutes.
- Add red wine to skillet over high heat and reduce until 2 tbsp remain. Add balsamic vinegar and stock and reduce until 1/2 cup remains. Add coconut milk and boil just until sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce around tuna.
- Serve with daikon radish stirfry or any vegetable stirfry of your choice.
Click here to buy Five Peppercorn and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Paleontastic