Paleo Sesame Sandwich Loaf is the perfect treat for the bread lovers. It's flavorful, healthy and awesome!
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 cup golden flaxseed
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp psyllium husk powder, (finely ground psyllium husks)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar, optional
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 4 lge egg(s)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil, or macadamia oil
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- White and black sesame seeds, to spinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line the base and sides of a medium size loaf tin with baking paper, leaving a small overhang of paper to help when removing bread.
- To a food processor, add arrowroot flour, golden flaxseed, sesame seeds, psyllium powder (this can be purchased already ground to a fine powder or it's easy to make yourself, read here), coconut sugar, mustard powder, baking powder, soda and salt. Process for 20 seconds to break down the sesame seeds and make a fine texture.
- Have all the wet ingredients measured and ready before the next step. The wet ingredients need to be added and mixed without delay, to prevent all the moisture being absorbed before you are able to spread into the loaf tin.
- Add eggs, vinegar, avocado oil and water. Process to mix well without delay, approximately 10 seconds to produce a smooth mixture.
- Pour dough into prepared tin while it's still runny and spreadable before the liquid is soaked up, press down using damp finger tips to level the surface. Sprinkle the top with a mix of white and black sesame seeds, tap lightly into dough.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour. The top will be crunchy after 45 minutes but continue cooking longer so the centre cooks through. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minute, then lift bread out by the overhang of paper and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled store in an airtight container or slice and freeze. Keeps for up to 1 week stored in the fridge.
Note: Due to flaxseed and psyllium powder absorbing liquid quite fast, you may need to work quickly after liquid is added.
Click here to buy Himalayan Pink Salt and other herbs and spices
Source: The Joyful Table
Photo Credit to: The Joyful Table