Roast Turkey Breast with Za'atar, Sumac and Honey
Turn your Thanksgiving leftovers into a more delectable dish with Roast Turkey Breast with Za'atar, Sumac and Honey. Feel the wonderful combination of flavors burst into your mouth in every bite.
- 1/2 breast of turkey, boneless, rolled* (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon za'atar
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place turkey breast on a rack on a baking sheet or roasting pan. You might want to line the baking sheet or roasting pan with a bit of aluminum foil for easy cleanup. If the honey drips off during cooking, it can burn on the bottom of the pan. Or, if the rack is high enough, add a bit of water to the bottom of the pan to prevent burning.
- Mix the honey with with spices and parsley and spread the mixture over the turkey breast.
- Roast the turkey at 325 degrees until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees - it took about 2 hours for mine. Let the breast rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Click here to buy Sumac, Za'atar and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Cookistry
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.