Piri Piri Cabbage and Potatoes
On the look for simple, tasty, inspiring and definitely not the boring way of cooking your vegies? Then, this Piri Piri Cabbage and Potatoes recipe is absolutely meant for you! With just a touch of Piri Piri spice, goes a long way adding the amazing punch to the dish!
- 2-2.5 cups cabbage finely chopped
- 1 large potato boiled, chopped
- 1 teaspoon organic canola oil or mustard or sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon or Piri Piri spice
- 2/3 teaspoon salt or to taste
- In a large pan, add oil and heat at medium.
- Add mustard seeds (or cumin seeds) when hot and mix for a few seconds.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the Cabbage, potatoes, turmeric, Piri Piri blend, salt and mix well.
- Cook covered for 12-15 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally, until Cabbage is cooked to your preference.
- For variations, add peas, chopped carrots, cooked chickpeas.
- Change up the spices, use cumin seeds or fennel seeds or a little garam masala.
- Serve hot topped with fresh cilantro or sesame seeds or coconut flakes, as a side with Lentil Daal and Roti or Naan or Rice.
Click here to buy Piri Piri Spice, Sesame Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Vegan Richa
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.