Looking for a quick and easy recipe for dinner? Try this Easy and delicious Piri Piri Chicken recipe from Mommy's Home Cooking!
Serves 4 : Prep Time: 10 minutes : Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts (I used skinless and boneless)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups peppers, chopped (I used red, yellow and orange)
- 4–6 thin slices of lemon
- 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp Piri Piri Spice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Season chichen with salt and pepper to taste. Place the chicken in a large sealable plastic bag. Add the piri-piri spice and close. Rub the bag to coat the chicken in the marinade then refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Add the onion and peppers to the pan and cook for a further 7-8 minutes, tossing the vegetables occasionally.
- Once the chicken breasts are cooked through, sprinkle the Perfect Shake Piri Piri Special Blend over the chicken and cook for a further minute.
- Delicious served with rice.
Click here to buy Piri Piri Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Mommy's Home Cooking
Photo Credit to: Mommy's Home Cooking