Piri Piri Chicken and Baby Potatoes
Sink your teeth into this mouth-watering Piri Piri Chicken and Baby Potatoes recipe and experience a barrage of flavorful excitement in every bite!
- 500g baby potatoes, cut into wedges finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 long red chillies, coarsely chopped
- 12 garlic cloves, 8 coarsely chopped,
- 4 whole, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons Piri Piri Spice
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped oregano, plus 6 sprigs
- 125ml olive oil
- 4 whole chicken legs (thigh and leg portion)
- vegetable oil for shallow frying
For the Potatoes & Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Pour boiling water into a saucepan set over high heat and season with salt.
- Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender then drain.
- In a food processor, make the marinade by processing the lemon zest and juice, chillies, chopped garlic, Piri piri, chopped oregano and oil until smooth.
- Season well with salt. Make two incisions on each chicken portion through to the bone.
- Rub 11⁄2 tablespoons of marinade over each portion. Reserve the remainder to serve.
To Cook & Serve
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a large roasting pan to cover the base and set over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken on one side of the pan for 3 minutes each side or until well browned.
- Fry the potatoes, whole garlic cloves and oregano sprigs on the other side of the pan for 6 minutes, turning, or until the potatoes are golden.
- Put the pan into the oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes with a salad and the rest of the marinade on the side.
Click here to buy Piri Piri and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Steve Brown
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.