Shrimp Piri Piri
Experience the tender goodness of delectable shrimps in this Shrimp Piri Piri recipe. The tiny burst of spicy flavors with a zesty hint is naturally addicting!
Serves 2 to 4
- 3 medium serrano chiles
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Piri Piri Spice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked, deveined, and peeled shrimp, tails left on (about 40)
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, for serving
- White rice, for serving
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F and arrange rack in upper third.
- Place chiles on a baking sheet and roast until blackened and soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Trim chiles and remove seeds.
- Combine chiles, garlic, Piri piri Spice, lime juice, and vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth and combined, about 1 minute. Add olive oil and blend until thoroughly incorporated and marinade thickens slightly.
- Combine marinade and shrimp in a medium nonreactive bowl and toss to coat. Let marinate 20 minutes to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When heated, add half the shrimp and cook until white with a few brown spots, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving plate and season with salt. Repeat to cook off all shrimp.
- Toss shrimp with cilantro and serve with lime wedges over rice.
Click here to buy Piri piri and other herbs and spices
Source: Food Network
Photo Credit to: Food Network
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.