Wanna know the easiest way to prepare fresh lamb yet still yield that great result? Check our featured recipe out today -Braised Lamb with Xawaash Spice and explore the the Somali flavors and find its tempting concoction perfect for your everyday dish.
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 Large Onion (sliced)
- 4 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp Xawaash spice
- ¼ tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3 lb Large Fresh lamb shoulder (pieces)
- 1 tsp Salt – Or to taste
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- Fry the onions in the oil and then add the garlic.
- Add the xawaash, ground cinammon and mix well.
- Add the meat and the salt. Mix well.
- Lower the heat. Cover and cook for 1 hour tossing the meat in the pot half way through.
- Cook until the meat becomes fork tender and it has browned. No need to add water unless the meat is from an old sheep or if it is frozen.
- Add the black pepper then turn off the heat.
Click here to buy Xawaash Spice, and other herbs and spices