Chinese Five Spice Fruit Salad
by Christine Tura
on April 12, 2016
If you're looking for a new idea to make your usual dessert extra special then consider this quick and easy Chinese Five Spice Fruit Salad recipe and discover the flavor, sparkle and punch that you’ve always looked for.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup mango, sliced (fresh or canned)
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, sliced
- 1 peach, pit removed, sliced thin
- 4 large strawberries, cut in half
- Mix together the sugar & almond extract, then stir in the five-spice powder & set aside.
- In a bowl, lay banana slices in a ring around the edge, then lay kiwi slices in the middle, & sprinkle a bit of the sugar mixture over the fruit.
- Spread mango slices over the top of the bananas & kiwi, & sprinke another bit of the sugar mixture over that.
- Lay peach slices around the edge of the dish & sprinkle that with the sugar mixture.
- Finally lay the strawberries in the middle & sprinkle the berries with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Cover & chill before serving.
Click here to buy ChineseFive Spice, and other herbs and spices