In a world where everyone is always in a rush and almost everything is complicated, all you need is a quick and easy recipe that will ease down all the tension from your hard day's work. Dig in to this aromatic and flavorful Easy Rice Pilaf with Xawaash spice and see the difference.
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Medium Onion (sliced)
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 4 Cloves
- ¼ tsp Cardamom (ground)
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Medium Tomato (sliced)
- 2 cups Sella basmati rice (parboiled rice)
- 1 tsp Xawaash spice mix
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups Water (boil)
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes. Using medium heat, fry the sliced onion in the oil for 3 minutes then add the cinnamon stick and cloves. Stir well after each addition.
- Add the ground cardamom and minced garlic. Add the sliced tomato and cook for three minutes.
- Add the rice and fry for 5 minutes.
- Mix the Xawaash spice mix and salt with the boiling water, and stir well.
- Add the stock to the rice and stir well.
- Lower the heat. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Video Credit to Xawaash
Click here to buy Xawaash Spice, and other herbs and spices