You can always use your imagination and creativity in making your food as tasty and as healthy as Xawaash Potatoes stuffed with Eggs. Experience the merging of distinctive savory spices and goodness that you will always look for.
- 4 Medium 1½ lb Russet potatoes
- 1 tsp Xawaash spice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 4 Tbsp All-purpose (plain) flour
- 5 Large Eggs (hard-boiled)
- ½ cup All-purpose (plain) flour – For shaping & coating
- Canola oil – Or vegetable oil for frying
- Wash the potatoes and place them in a pot. Add 6 cups of water and cook on high heat until the water comes to a boil. Lower the heat and cook until just tender. Do not overcook! Peel after they cool down a little.
- Mash the potatoes gently. Over-mashing will make them gluey.
- Add the Xawaash spice mix & salt, ground black pepper, turmeric and flour. Mix gently and then divide into 5 portions.
- Put about 1 teaspoon flour on your hand.
- Place a portion of the mixture on the hand and flatten it.
- Place a hard-boiled egg in the middle.
- Fold the mixture around the egg to make an oblong shape.
- Roll it in the flour.
- Fry in vegetable oil using medium heat for 10 minutes until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
Video Credit to Xawaash Somali Food Blog
Click here to buy Xawaash Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Xawaash Somali Food Blog