Saffron Rice with Xawaash
by Christine Tura
on May 20, 2016
Looking for another great rice recipe to try on this weekend? Go for Saffron Rice with Xawaash and enjoy the bright golden color, delicate aroma of saffron and the distinctive flavor of Xawaash spice!
- 2 ¼ cup Water
- ½ tsp Xawaash spice
- 1tsp salt
- ½ tsp Saffron – Threads
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Basmati rice – Unwashed and unsoaked
- Place 2 cups of water, Xawaash Spice and salt in a 3-litre pot.
- Bring to a boil using medium heat. Grind the saffron threads.
- Add a 1/4 cup water to it and mix well.
- Add the saffron mixture and the oil to the boiling pot.
- Add the unwashed/unsoaked rice and stir well.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
Video Credit to: Xawaash.com
Click here to buy Xawaash Spice, Sesame Spice and other herbs and spices