Chrieme with a California Twist
by Michael Variacion
on February 24, 2016
Chrieme is a spicy fish stew. It’s a typical Tunisian dish, often served on Shabbat. The Chrieme with a California Twist is a must for spicy food lovers!
Serves 4 - 6.
- fillets of sea bass (about 2 lbs.)
- 4 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 cloves of garlic minced
- 2-3 thinly sliced serrano chiles
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 tbs Harrisa spice
- 1.5 cups finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cups of water
- Place fish fillets in a bowl with the lime juice, salt and pepper. Let them macerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the other ingredients. When all the ingredients are prepped and ready to go, heat the olive oil in a braising pan or large lipped skillet.
- When hot, add the garlic and chiles and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, harissa and cilantro, salt and pepper to taste, and sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Then add water and combine well.
- Place the fish skin side up and cover the pan.
- Cook on a med/low setting for 15 – 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet.
- Garnish with cilantro and a finely sliced chili.
Click here to buy Harissa Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Petit Takett