Sumac Lamb Cutlets with Chickpeas and Pumpkin
by Christine Tura
on March 15, 2016
How many lamb recipes have you tried? This Sumac lamb cutlets with chickpeas and pumpkin is an easy and quick-to-prepare recipe for impromptu lunch date with family or friends. Added with Sumac, a tangy, lemony spice often used in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cooking, it will definitely spice up this recipe to impress guests!
- 700g pkt diced butternut pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 12 (about 1kg) lamb cutlets, French-trimmed
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 100g marinated feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pumpkin on the tray and drizzle with 2 tsp of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Bake, turning occasionally, for 20 mins or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill on high. Brush zucchini with a little of the remaining oil. Cook for 1 min each side or until lightly charred.
- Combine the lamb cutlets, sumac and half the paprika in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the lamb on the chargrill for 2 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Combine the vinegar, mustard and remaining oil in a screw-top jar. Shake to combine. Combine the pumpkin, zucchini, chickpeas and rocket in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with the feta.
- Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice and remaining paprika in a bowl. Serve salad with the cutlets and the yoghurt mixture.
Click here to buy Sumac spice blend and other herbs and spices