If you are someone who's already had enough of your plain dishes and now looking for something new and tasty, then you're in for a treat! Indulge into the aromatic and flavorful comfort food from the Palestinian cuisine - Easy Baked Chicken With Onion and sumac spice/ Musakhan and be mind-blown!
- 1 small chicken cut up into pieces
- 2 Tbsp Sumac
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp 7 spices
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp black powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-3 onion sliced
- Juice of one small lemon juice
- Almonds slivers
- Arabic bread
- Wash chicken well.
- Mix all spices, salt, lemon juice and olive oil.
- In a large baking pan mix chicken, onion, lemon juice and the spices mixture and olive oil.
- Marinate for 2-6 hours or overnight.
- Cover with Aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 F for about 1 ½ hour. Covered for the first 1 hour then remove the cover for the next ½ hour.
- Drizzle some juice that is collected in the pan on top of the bread then add a few pieces of chicken and onion and then garnish with almonds and drizzle with a little of olive oil.
- Broil for a few minutes just to make everything a little crispy.
- Eat with hands and Enjoy:)
Click here to buy Sumac spice blend and other herbs and spices
Source: Cooking for Fun