This homemade healthy granola recipe is simple to make. You can add any of your granola flavors to this basic recipe.
Servings: 20 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
How to make
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an (11x7 inch) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add 1/2 cup oil (EVOO or Vegetable), 1/2 cup honey, 1/3 cup light brown sugar, 1Tbsp. Vanilla extract, and 1/2 tsp. salt to a large bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and oil is well incorporated.
- Add 5 cups rolled oats and 3 cups of your chosen granola flavors (chopped nuts, Barberry, shredded coconut, chocolate chunks, etc). Stir well.
- Pour the oat mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it out into an even layer. Firmly pack the oat mixture into the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking.
- Let the granola cool at room temperature for one hour.
- Use a small spoon to scoop up the granola off the baking sheet. Use the spoon and your hands to break the granola into large chunks.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container or zip lock bag.