Potato dishes are loved by everyone and they go well with almost everything. We use coarsely ground Bengali Five spice blend which gives the dish a crunchy texture and exotic flavored aroma.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons USimplySeason Bengali Five spice, coarsely ground
- 4 tablespoons fresh Cilantro leaves, minced
How to make...
- Boil the potatoes: In a large sauce pan, combine 2 lbs peeled potatoes with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook, uncovered, until tender, about 15 - 20 minutes. Drain well and set aside to cool. Cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, add the 4 tablespoons oil. When hot, add 1 diced onion and 1 diced green bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until they are slightly cooked, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 diced tomato, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons coarsely ground USimplySeason Bengali Five spice and cook for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the cooled diced potatoes and stir for about 1 minute to allow the flavors to mix. Taste for seasoning and sprinkle in more salt if needed. Cook for another 3 minutes or so to let the potatoes heat through.
- Sprinkle on the cilantro leaves, mix in and serve.
TIP: Day old boiled potatoes work well with this dish.
Serve this as a side dish with your favorite protein - lamb chops, roast leg of lamb, pork tenderloin