Grilled Green Chicken from Nom Nom Paleo
by Michael Variacion
on August 10, 2016
If you're big on Paleo recipes, you'll definitely love this marinade recipe. This can be use on any meat. Try this Grilled Green Chicken from Nom Nom Paleo!
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 ¼ cups packed basil leaves
- ¼ cup packed mint leaves
- ¼ cup Red Boat fish sauce
- 3 peeled garlic cloves
- zest of 1 lime
- plenty ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Aleppo pepper
- 2 tablespoons of apple juice (or 1 teaspoon of maple syrup if you’re not on a Whole30)
- Kosher salt
- 3 pounds of chicken drumsticks or thighs
- Gather the ingredients and make the marinade by combining the onion, cilantro, basil, mint, fish sauce, garlic, lime zest, black pepper, Aleppo pepper, and apple juice into a high powered blender and pureed until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Place the chicken in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over it. Let the chicken marinate overnight (marinate for at least an hour and up to a day).
- Take the chicken out of the fridge an hour before you grill it. (If you are baking the chicken, roast on a wire rack for ~35-45 minutes at 400 F. Start with skin-side down, and flip skin-side up at the 20 minute mark.)
- Set the gas grill on high and after placing the chicken on the grates, immediately decrease the temperature to low.
- Grill for approximately 25 minutes (or until the internal temperature reached 165 F)turning every 5-7 minutes. But be patient: Don’t go and flip the bird (legs, that is) before they naturally release from the grill surface – otherwise, you’ll leave a lot of tasty, crispy, marinated skin stuck on the grates!
- Serve the drumsticks with lime wedges.
Click here to buy Aleppo and other herbs and spices
Source: Nom Nom Paleo
Photo Credit to: Nom Nom Paleo