Morrocan Eggplant and Chickpea Salad with Za'atar Spice
by Christine Tura
on January 19, 2017
Experience a twist on your favorite dish with this effortlessly nutritious & flavor-packed Morrocan Eggplant & Chickpea Salad with Za'atar Spice. Just dig in!
- 4 cups / 2 x 400 g cans cooked chickpeas
- 3 aubergines
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- small red onion, finely diced (optional)
- handful fresh mint, chopped
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Za'atar Spice
- 45 ml / 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat up a griddle pan. Slice your aubergine, brush some olive oil on it and rub it with Za'atar spice. Grill aubergine slices on a hot pan until charred on both sides and cooked through.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together with a hand whisk.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together salad ingredients. Season to taste and transfer to a serving platter or salad bowl. Sprinkle with fresh mint and coriander.
Click here to buy Za'atar spice blend and other herbs and spices
Source: Lazy Cat Kitchen
Photo Credit to: Lazy Cat Kitchen