Treat your taste buds with the terrific melange of flavors in Raw Cauliflower Couscous Salad with Za'atar Spice. It's a refreshing way to eat your nutrients!
For the salad
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (optional)
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Za'atar Spice
- Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into large chunks. Working in batches, pulse them in the food processor until it is broken down into couscous-sized bits. (If some large pieces remain, just remove and discard them.) Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl and stir in the cucumber, tomatoes, olives, parsley, and onion (if using).
- In a small jar with a lid (like an old jam jar) combine the lemon juice, olive oil, and za'atar. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Seal the jar and shake to blend. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Click here to buy Za'atar and other herbs and spices
Source: Turnip The Oven
Photo Credit to: Turnip The Oven