Zaatar-Grilled Corn with Zhoug
by Michael Variacion
on July 19, 2017
A Vegan diet need not be boring. If you're planning for a vegan cookout, this easy to cook Zaatar-Grilled Corn with Zhoug recipe from Cookstr will definitely be a winner!
Serves 6 - 8
For the Za’atar Marinade
For the Zhoug
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp Zaatar spice
- 3 jalapeno peppers, stems and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 8 ears of corn, shucked
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days
- Combine all of the zhoug ingredients in a food processor and process until the peppers and herbs are broken down and the mixture is the consistency of a loose pesto. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil over high heat. Blanch the corn for 8 minutes, then drain.
- Preheat a chargrill to high or a grill pan over high heat, then brush each ear with about 2 tablespoons of za’atar marinade. Grill the corn briefly until lightly charred.
- Top the corn with zhoug and serve immediately.
Click here to buy Za'atar and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Cookstr