Za'atar Rubbed Baked Eggplant
by Michael Variacion
on July 25, 2016
Love anything about eggplant? This Za'atar Rubbed Baked Eggplant Recipe is definitely a must try as well!
Serves 2 - 4 person.
- 2 medium eggplants, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2-4 tbsp Za'atar spice mix
- One serving of raw vegan labneh or ½ cup soy yoghurt
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Using a knife, score your eggplants lightly flesh side up. Season liberally with salt and allow to rest in a bowl for 5-10 minutes, this will help release excess moisture.
- Using a pastry brush, brush some olive oil on each eggplant and sprinkle on 1 tbsp (or more, depending on preference) of za'atar - use your fingers to really massage or "rub" it in.
- Place the eggplants face down on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes until the eggplant looks slightly collapsed and is easily pierced with a knife.
- To serve, spread some raw vegan labneh or soy yoghurt and garnish with tomato slices and parsley or even pomegranate tendrils and more za'atar.
Click here to buy Za'atar spice blend and other herbs and spices
Source: One Arab Vegan